Week 9 – The Finale!
Welcome Everyone to Week 9 (aka the last week) of Be Healthy Now! $1000 Grand Prize In order to be eligible for our Grand Prize of $1,000, you must have filled out both the pre and post surveys and participated in at least two Be Healthy Now classes/activities. ***Note: the post survey is available on the... View Article
Welcome Everyone to Week 9 (aka the last week) of Be Healthy Now!
$1000 Grand Prize
In order to be eligible for our Grand Prize of $1,000, you must have filled out both the pre and post surveys and participated in at least two Be Healthy Now classes/activities. ***Note: the post survey is available on the Be Healthy Now website until Tuesday, May 23rd at midnight.
- Login to the Be Healthy Now Goal Tracker.
- In the left column, find the tab called “FILL OUT POST SURVEY”.
- Fill out the post survey questions and hit the green button. It currently reads “Submit and Sign Waiver” (Note: you do not have to re-sign the waiver) but will eventually read “Submit”.
Be Healthy Now Finale
Thursday, May 25th, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
There will be prizes and the 2017 Be Healthy Now winner will be announced!
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs, or chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inch long.
- Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet) and layer in center of each length of foil.
- In a small bowl stir together oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over portion of asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off, then season bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper. Layer fillets over asparagus.
- Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste. Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices (if using fresh thyme or rosemary use about 3/4 tsp per each if using parsley use 1 1/2 tsp).
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil pouches in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until salmon is cooked through, about 25 – 30 minutes. Unwrap and serve warm.
*Grill alternative: Place packets on grill over medium-low heat. Cover grill; cook 13 to 16 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after about 7 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with fork. To serve, cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape.
*To view this recipe online, click the following link: http://www.cookingclassy.com/salmon-and-asparagus-in-foil/
To encourage you to participate in Be Healthy Now activities, we will be having weekly prize drawings for those that attend our events. This includes the group fitness classes at Alamance Regional and Complete Fitness for Women. Every time you attend an event, your name will be entered into a drawing for that week’s prize.
*If you are attending an event at Alamance Regional or Complete Fitness, be sure to sign in and print clearly!!*
Winner for week 8 (6-Quart Crockpot) will be announced on Facebook and on the BHN website by 5pm on Monday, May 22nd.
This week we are raffling off a Summer Grillin’ Gift Basket!
Check out these upcoming events. Registration is open for those that require registration.
Get Hiking at Town and Country Nature Park, Monday, May 22nd • 6-7:30pm • THIS EVENT IS FULL