Week 7 – Keep It Up!
Welcome Everyone to Week 7 of Be Healthy Now! Classes for May 8 – May 22 are now open! Recipe Spotlight Roasted Chickpeas 2 Ways Baked chickpeas are a quick, easy, tasty, and healthy snack! Recipe 1: Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas INGREDIENTS 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed (about 3... View Article
Welcome Everyone to Week 7 of Be Healthy Now!
Classes for May 8 – May 22 are now open!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it’s still soft, bake for longer.
- While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is, or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
*Leftover chickpeas can be stored in an airtight container.
*To view these recipes online, click the following links:
To encourage you to participate in Be Healthy Now activities, we will be having weekly prize drawings for those that attend our events. This includes the group fitness classes at Alamance Regional and Complete Fitness for Women. Every time you attend an event, your name will be entered into a drawing for that week’s prize.
*If you are attending an event at Alamance Regional or Complete Fitness, be sure to sign in and print clearly!!*
Winner for week 6 ($100 donation to the charity of your choice) will be announced on Facebook and on the BHN website by 5pm on Monday, May 8th.
This week we are raffling off an Herb Gift Basket filled with fresh herbs!
Check out these upcoming events. Registration is open for those that require registration.
Line Dancing with Tri-City Hustlerz, Monday, May 8th • 6-7pm • No registration required
Line Dancing with Tri-City Hustlerz, Monday, May 15th • 6-7pm • No registration required
Get Hiking at Town and Country Nature Park, Monday, May 22nd • 6-7:30pm • THIS EVENT IS FULL